Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Reporting to the MTC - Provo, Utah

The ride down!  Love these people!


It wouldn't be normal for us not to have
at least one photo bomb wherever we go?
Are they jumping for joy because I'm leaving?!
Pulling up with a racing heart!  


One last picture together!

I wanted to only look back once!  

I woke up after a restless sleep!  Today was the day!  

Here I come MTC!  

I was ready to turn my attention to the Lord's work!

Natalia's flight was on time!  She boarded the plane at 6 a.m.!  So glad she made it!  She flew right back to Boise after saying good bye at the MTC at 1:45 p.m.  Thanks Tal for coming!

My dad had asked me where I wanted to eat for my "last supper" - I chose Waffle Love and Mountain West Burritos!  I ate every last bite of that Belgium waffle and burrito!!  It was sooooo good.  The MTC cafeteria's food I heard was just like the dorm's Cannon Center.  Not awful but definitely isn't what I call a culinary delight!

We drove up to the Provo Temple where most families say their goodbyes before the curbside drop off at the MTC.  My drop off time was at 12:30 p.m.  We kinda stood around not really knowing how to kill the last remaining few minutes.  The thought of saying good bye for 18 months was looming in the air everywhere!  Our hearts were heavy.  Finally we started laughing and took some "jump pictures!"  

I LOVE MY FAMILY!  
I LOVE THAT THEY ARE LOVING, CRAZY AND FUN!
I'm taking this to Poland with me!

The time came for drop off.  I cried and hugged everyone in my family.  My heart was aching but something was pushing me to keep going.  I knew I was doing the right thing.  I miss you all so very, very, very much.  Let's stay strong.  I LOVE YOU!

We pulled up to the MTC and our spot was #18.  A sister missionary greeted us.  She asked if we wanted one last picture.  

Short good-byes were said.  It moved quickly.  I looked back once and was gone.  My mom said the drive home was the quietest our family had ever been in the car.  My heart was pounding all day long.

No comments:

Post a Comment