Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Night before the MTC - Salt Lake City, Utah

Sampson!



Uncle Craig and Aunt Chris' family!
Maddy Hendricks!  Gabby Roper!


FaceTime with:
Uncle Kyle, Lucas, Roman
My "godmother" Juls
Aunt Melissa and a few more!

Family talk time!
Grandma Jackie!  

We were packing until midnight on Monday!  Everyone was involved.  Finally everything was done.  

Leaving my home was a sentimental moment.  I love it here and I love my family.  I know things will be different when I return.  My mom keeps telling me that things will be the same here but that I will change the most.  I know I'll change but missing out on anything kills me!

One of the hardest things about deciding to serve was leaving my siblings.  I love them so much.  Like I wrote already, I don't want to miss out on anything in their lives.  The last few months at home gave me the opportunity to spend time with them.  I am so glad I had 2 1/2 months to do this. The timing was perfect.  I watched my beautiful sisters Sophia and Natalia play volleyball.  I watched my little stud of a brother enter junior high and play LaCrosse and football.  I was there for Natalia's homecoming!  I went to lunch with them.  I hung out with my mom and dad.  We had movie nights. We ate my favorite meals.  We tried to check off everything on my bucket lists!   Saying goodbye to our dog Sampson was also hard - I know this may sound silly but I love that dog!  He is a great member of our family! He is old.  I don't know if he'll be here when I get back. :(


We loaded the car and I looked around one last time at our house.  My parents had wet eyes. I was exhausted as I climbed into the car and was glad we had a five hour drive to Salt Lake from Boise.  Natalia had to stay home due to state volleyball practice but she would fly in on Wednesday to join us.


We first stopped at Aunt Chris and Uncle Craig's home for one last hug.  Thank you for being so good to me while I was at the Y!  I love your family!  I felt so welcome in your home!  Thank you Aunt Chris for all your special words and honesty!  Thank you Uncle Craig for tenderness when I told you I wanted to serve.  


We quickly drove to the Y's campus where I met up with Austin in the library for one last hug!  I am sad to not experience this year at school with you Austin!  You may be married by the time I return!  Austin kept telling me how excited he was for me and that "the language would come!"  Love you Austin!


We then met Gabby (our family's fifth child and a favorite!) at the Richard's building!  We hugged and walked.  Gabs you saved me a few times at the Y this past year.  I am so glad you are part of my life...forever!  As we were driving away Gabby motioned to roll down my window and yelled "knock 'em dead Queller!"  You are the best Gabby!


Maddy Hendricks met us in Salt Lake.  Maddy and I cried!  Such great times last year together!  I'm coming back for more Maddy!  You were such a big part of my life last year!  Thank you for everything!  I love you!  


We checked into our hotel and I talked on FaceTime, called or sent texts with a few of my friends. ( I had also done this on Sunday and Monday night hoping not to miss anyone. ) I love my friends!  They are a huge part of my life!  I have friends on missions that have written with love their advice and encouragement.  I have always been blessed with really good friends!


We weren't able to connect with Uncle Kyle and Aunt Melissa's family so we talked via FaceTime!  I love you all!  And I'm coming for another Sunday Favorites dinner in 18!  Be ready Melissa!  Kyle I think you have an understanding of what I'm headed for in Poland - thanks for your faith in me!


Then I spoke with Juls who has know me since a baby and was my mom's roommate.  She read me a few scriptures she found while thinking about me leaving.


Proverbs 31:25 Strength and honor are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.

Psalms 34:19  The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and seventh such as be of a contrite spirit.

Juls - you'll always be a part of my life!  I love you!  I love your kids!

Afterwards I said goodbye to Grandma Jackie.  She kept calling me "brave granddaughter."  I love you Grandma Jackie!  You do so much for our family!  I will think of you and smile at your funny comments and love!  And...I will try to be brave!

We had family prayer and I tried to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment