Monday, January 2, 2017

Warsaw, Poland - Happy New Year! I love this place! Black out year done!

Some of these pictures are from last week 
since I didn't have the time to upload as many as I wanted to share!
A custom designed Christmas gift from "the fish!" 
I AM A MORMON
I know it!! I like it!! I love it!!
Life on a mission isn't a Cinderella story but I wouldn't trade it!


Dream Beem and myself!
We have so much fun together!
Carp for Wigilia!
They are good luck!  No red meat is eaten!
Carp tank!
What a gift on Christmas Eve - A baptism! 
I wish you could have seen this hug and his facial expression - the Spirit was so strong!
Secret Santa "Diva Hat!"
Disclaimer:  I'm not the only one that wears this hat in our district!
I explained it in my letter home.
Happiness is a great comp that I feel like God handpicked for me! 
Our apartment's Christmas corner! 
Bed heads on Christmas morning!
It was such a great Christmas!
Meet the Dream Beem family from Lake Oswego, Oregon!
The BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT EVER!
Sophia and Isaac looked so much older!
It was sooooooooo wonderful to talk and SEE them!
I think we all didn't stop smiling!
Mission lingo:
My two daughters (sisters I trained!):  Beem (far left) and Groesbeck (far right)
And my granddaughter (trainee of my daughter - Groesbeck)
Groesbeck is training Siostra Hammond in Szczecin where I was trained!

I'VE SPENT ONE YEAR IN THIS BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY!!!
Celebrating the ending of my "black out year" - 2016
 and
the beginning of Siostra Beem's "black out year" - 2017!
Warsaw getting ready for New Year's fireworks and fun!
The Warsaw II Squad:  Beem, DeMordaunt, Haskett, Barlow, Einfeldt, Ashworth
It is crazy on the street on New Year's Eve so we had to be in by 20:00 -
We rang in 2017 on our balcony!
It was SOOOOO fun!
Happy 2017!!!!
What will it bring?!
Cześć Family and Friends!!!!

Szczęśliwego Nowego Roku!! Happy New Year!!

I can't believe we are already in 2017! I remember going on my mission and thinking that 2017 was forever away but it is here and it has come up so fast!

We had a good week this week! Sadly, all our investigators were out of town this week but it gave us time to reevaluate and to get in touch with some other people! Many people told us to call them after the New Year so we are excited to see our teaching pool grow! We had opportunities to find and of course we caroled throughout the week! You can carol here until January 7 since Three Kings Day is celebrated after Christmas! We have been using it to our advantage and it has been so much fun! 

I also had such a good spiritual experience this week! I usually like to get a blessing at the beginning of each transfer so I asked Elder Haskett to give me one! A lot of what was said is personal but it eased so many of my worries. I have felt so much peace because of it! I am ready for what is in store! There are still areas I need to grow and change in but I feel at peace and capable of handling it all! It was such a huge answer to my prayers! A mission is a continuous learning curve!

New Year’s Eve was so much fun! We did finding throughout the day.  We attended the branch’s New Year’s Eve party that night! It was put on by our fish!! He did so well!! We thought it was just going to be board games and some food but he went all out! There was karaoke, lights, a fog machine, a bubble machine, and crazy Polish music! It was a good time! We had to be in by 20 so we headed home!

Sister Beem and I had a night filled with laughter, singing, making a rap about the Restoration, pizza, and watching fireworks! We toasted to the new year together with Orangina! It was such a fun night!

It also officially ended what is known has the "blackout year" or when you are on your mission for a full year! It is crazy to think that a year ago I had just barely arrived to Poland and now suddenly an entire year has passed! Sister Beem also just started her blackout year so it was so fun to be able to celebrate together!  I love Dream Beem!

I will go back the New Year in a bit but first I want to talk about another milestone I just passed! I have been in Poland for ONE YEAR!!!!! I can't even believe it! I thought a lot about the first day when I came into the country! I was jet lagged, excited, and honestly scared all at the same time! I didn't know what Poland would have in store for me!

The one thing I didn't expect was how much I would fall in love with this country and its' people! Poland is a part of me now! The people here have become my family! I have learned so much here and this country has taught me so much as well! This country has been through so much! They are fighters and at times they are stubborn but they have the biggest hearts because of it! They are patient and a God loving people! They speak the craziest language and I could not be more grateful that I have been able to study it for over a year now! It honestly makes me deeply sad to think that I will have to leave this place! When I spoke with my family last week I could barely speak when they asked about my feelings for this country and its people. My heart will always be here.  I will forever be grateful for my time here and that Poland will always have a little bit of me!

We also had so many investigators in church! The man I contacted about his gambling came and is going to start meeting with missionaries! The New Year is bringing miracles and I am excited to see what will happen!

Ok now back to the New Year! I just wanted to end with my New Year’s resolutions! (My mission has made me a goal setter!) The biggest thing for me this year is going to be trusting in God's plan more! His plan I have learned is always greater and better than mine even if I don't always see it! I want to rely on Him more and turn to Him more!

I also want to get crazy good at running (this has developed on my mission)! I want to just be more fit in general!

I want to continue to do the “spiritual basics” in a purposeful way, increase family history work and temple attendance!

I want to be happy! I have learned that happiness is a choice even during times of trial! These are only a few of my resolutions -  I am ready for 2017!

I am excited for this new year and I can't wait to see what it brings!

So... BRING IT ON 2017!!!

 Kocham Was!!!!


Siostra DeMordaunt
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment