Monday, October 31, 2016

Warsaw, Poland - Siostra Beem comes to town! Transfer mantras! Let's do this!


Introducing Siostra Talia Beam from Lake Oswego, Oregon!  She is trying her first paczki!
I've been so blessed with amazing companions!
One of the fun things about training is introducing them to all that is Polish!
You see their excitement and are reminded of your first time too!
LOVE THIS PEOPLE AND LAND CALLED POLAND!
In front of the the Palace of Culture and Science
Originally named Joseph Stalin Palace of Culture and Science
but they removed his name and sculpture during the destalinization period!
Elder Mitch Dickson - a new missionary - he lives next to my mom's friends!
He will be fantastic - went to Lodz with Reid! 
Somehow it worked that 4 of the 5 sisters from our MTC district were together on our year mark!
We are missing Siostra Lerch and Starszy!  :(
(I keep hoping there will be a chance to get one more picture together of us all before we leave!)
Church of the Holiest Saviour pm Saviour Square!
(Roman Catholic)
Is she great or what?!

Cześć Family and Friends!!!!

This week was a whirlwind of a week! The first week of the transfer is always an adjustment so it will be good to have this next week to really get settled!

I spent the first part of the week with Sister Haight and Sister Butler! We had a lot of fun and it was good to be able to get prepped together for training! Each time I meet someone new I am just reminded how incredibly blessed I am to be serving with such amazing people! We each have our own story but we are all here for the same reason, to serve the Lord! 

Wednesday was such a great day! We were able to go contacting with the trainees! There really wasn't an order or line up for who went with who.  We only had a few minutes so I grabbed the first sister I saw! She was so cute and I really wanted to try contacting with her! As we were contacting it just felt great and I wondered if we would be serving together... and guess what....WE ARE!! Her name is Siostra Talia Beem from Lake Oswego, Oregon!  She is absolutely incredible! We are having so much fun together already! She is so happy and bubbly and has jumped into the work 100%! I haven't heard her complain once! She is here and ready to learn and so am I! I feel that I am going to learn a lot from her! I am so excited for this transfer!! I feel that we are going to see miracles this transfer!  Let's do this!

I think I have mentioned this before but I often choose mantras for each transfer!  I have two for this transfer! 

The first is: The Lord doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called! I have been thinking about this quote over and over again and I am ready to do exactly what the Lord asks of me! I might not understand everything but I do know if I trust Him and His plan everything will work out! 

The second is: Gratitude and remembering the reasons for the season! I want people to understand during this holiday season why we celebrate and who we are as missionaries - representatives of Jesus Christ! I am excited to spread a little more Christ's cheer during these holidays and show my gratitude to Him and to my Heavenly Father more! We have so much to be grateful for, even the small things matter!

Our week was good! We started teaching this lady from our area book! She hasn't wanted to meet for a long time but now she is wanting to find God again in her life! She has a lot of questions about why are we here on earth!  I really feel that this may be her time! We are so excited to teach her! 

We also met some amazing people this week! Siostra Beem is so awesome - during finding activities she would say "I feel like we should go over here or talk to those people over there" and sure enough every single time we did we found someone! It was really incredible because she was just acting on how she was feeling and 100% we were being lead by the Spirit! 

We also had one of the most interesting meetings of my mission! We met with this lady from our English class who I have always asked to meet with and finally she agreed! We talked a lot about God's plan of happiness for us and the Book of Mormon! She was asking some hard questions and at times it could have been frustrating but I really felt peace the entire time and I felt led the entire time by the Spirit! Scriptures and things I don't normally say were coming to my head and I felt we really connected with her!

I don't have much to say this week because we are still getting our groove down but I am so excited for this transfer and I am so grateful for my new companion!!! We are ready to work and I know miracles will come!  We are committed to doing our part!  I have already felt so guided and lead during this week! 

Happy Halloween!!
Kocham Was!!!!
Siostra DeMordaunt

No comments:

Post a Comment