Monday, October 3, 2016

Warsaw, Poland - Conference! A progressing investigator! 4th floor, last door! DON'T GIVE UP!


When only the sister missionaries show up for Women's Conference...
until a cute member shows up!
Fall is here!  It is beautiful!!
Or as the Poles say it's their "Golden Autumn!"
WARSAW!!
Welcome to the city!
My guitar gets good use!
The cutest neighborhood we found less-active finding!
Still amazed over the building colors and architecture!
Conference breakfast before we leave for the church...
Cześć Family and Friends!!!!

This week went by way too fast because of ... GENERAL CONFERENCE!!! I love this time of year! 

This week was jammed pack with finding! We were able to do some less active finding as well! We weren't having much success but we were blessed to find the sweetest neighborhood ever! 

Fall has officially come! In Poland they call their fall "złoty jesień" or "golden autumn!" The trees here are beautiful!  It feels magical when you come across a neighborhood with painted houses and colorful trees! Needless to write this is one of my favorite times of the year! 

Back to less active finding...we left this note for a member and told her to call if she wanted to meet with us! We didn't know what she looked like.  We show up for Women's conference on Saturday at the Warsaw chapel and there is this older women!  I introduce myself and she said you left me a short letter on my door... she came!! We were so happy!  And she agreed to meet with us! Talk about a miracle!  

We also were able to meet with our investigator! I love it because we have been able to teach twice a week! I love teaching!  Our first lesson was about prophets! We wanted him to feel prepared for Conference! We talked to him about why we have prophets and the line of prophets that has happened since the beginning of time! We talked about obeying the words of the prophet! We told him about trusting in what the Prophet asks us to do even if we don't always understand! He asked us what "Thomas S. Monson" had said last time?  We told him he spoke on choices! I quoted the line, "May we always choose the harder right than the easier wrong!" He loved that!  He told us that is why we have to be obedient! He is getting it!! 

Our next lesson with him was really powerful! We started teaching him about the Gospel of Jesus Christ! We focused on faith and repentance and what they means! He has a hard time with the concept of repentance and why it is needed! We explained to him that Christ really did personally atone for his sins! We were able to testify to him powerfully how repentance has affected our lives! We then asked him again if he really wants this and if he wants to change! He told us that he really does!  We explained to him this is how you change! Through Christ! He agreed to at least try it! He then came to all sessions of General Conference - yes all of them!! It was amazing! He told me how he had tried to do the repenting thing and that he had felt something that night! Ahhhh he is getting there krok po kroku (step by step!)!

Now my favorite part - General Conference! This is a conference I will forever remember! We had challenged our investigator to write down questions he wanted answers to and then pray to know the answer in Conference! He wanted to know about how to have happiness and of course what were a large majority of the talks on... happiness!! 

This conference also meant a lot to me! I decided to do what we had challenged our investigator to do! Almost all of my questions were answered and to those that weren't, I received a strong confirmation that I would know in the Lord's time! My soul needed this conference! I just walked away feeling so revived! 

I want to  write about one talk in particular!  Uchtdorf's talk given during Women's Conference!  He talked about "the fourth floor, last door!"  This has now become my missionary motto!  My favorite thing he said was:  "In our search for enduring faith in our quest to connect with God and His purposes, let us remember the Lord's promise: "Knock, and it shall be opened unto you.  Will we give up after knocking on a door or two?  A floor or two?  Or will we keep seeking until we have reached the fourth floor, last door?"  Sometimes in life we can feel we have asked and asked for something but the answer hasn't come, in reality we have maybe only knocked on just the first floor!  When we have true faith and trust in the Lord that we will receive answers, we will go that fourth floor and know on that last door and the answers will come! Faith can be our motivator!

To quote Uchtdorf again, "God rewards those who earnestly see him" but that reward is not usually behind the first door.  So we need to keep knocking.  Sisters, don't give up.  See God with all your heart.  Exercise faith.  Walk in righteousness.  I promise that if you will do this -- even until the fourth floor, last door - you will receive the answers you seek.  You will find faith.  And one day you will be filled with light that grows "brighter and brighter until the perfect day."  

I know that the leaders of my church are called of God and we are suppose to have joy here in this life!  So whatever we do, PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP!  Go to the last door on maybe the 100th floor!  It will be SO WORTH IT IN THE END!  I promise!  I love this Gospel and the leaders of this church!  I love each of you too!

Kocham Was!!


Siostra DeMordaunt




































No comments:

Post a Comment