Monday, May 9, 2016

Gdańsk, Poland - I'm 20! Sweetest people! Comp in sync prayers! Skype home!


I turned 20 in Gdańsk, Poland!
Isn't this the best birthday picture backdrop?!
Twenty! 
20!
Gdańsk Sewer Cover
Mr. Keith Day - a member and friend of Siostra Young
from Leeds, England who loves the missionaries!
Birthday dinner!
So much time spent at bus, train and tram stops - why not take a picture?
We try to contact people whenever and wherever!
I cut Siostra Young's hair!
Gotta love the missionary's resourceful using of talents!
Adorable branch members Jósef and Irena had us over - look at that cake Irena made!
It tasted just as good as it looks!
(Elder Larsen)
The markets are open!
Cabbage anyone?  A polish diet staple!  Doesn't it look healthy?!
 My family died when I told them I eat it all the time!  I'm now a veggie lover!
We bought this flat of strawberries!
They were sooooooo fresh and good!  Ahhhhh summer!
Pday bowling!
Myself, Elder Larsen, Elder Musgrave, Siostra Taggart, Siostra Young
The Taggarts - they are the sweetest couple!
Couple make a huge difference in a district and branch!
One cute young woman!  I am so grateful for her!
The siostri have have adored her!
Is she cute or what?!  I love the youth!
I think I'm gonna like it here in Gdańsk!
I'm praying that I'll know what I need to do here to make this work grow!
Cześć Family and Friends!!!!

I can't believe that I am officially in my twenties! Who would have ever guessed I would turn 20 in Poland!! Surely not my parents!!!  I am so excited to spend the year here in Poland and to learn and grow! 

Thank you so much for all the Birthday wishes!!! I loved every single one of them!  I love you all!  

Three missionaries in our district had birthdays so there was a lot of celebrating ... including Siostra Young!

This week was amazing!!

We started out the week with a super fun Pday! We went bowling as a district!! The week just continued to get better and better each day!! 

On Tuesday we met with investigators! They are this super cute family and are really searching! One of their sons comes to our English class every Thrusday! We had an incredible lesson with them! The husband has almost read the entire Book of Mormon in two weeks!! He had tabs labeling his Book of Mormon indicating different things he learned! They asked such incredible questions and they really want to learn more! 

We invited them to church on Mother's Day Sunday and they came! They were so happy and sweet!  Needless-to-write we were happy too!  The members introuduced themselves and even shared some of their conversion stories! They said they wanted to continue becoming apart of this Church! It was seriously so incredible! Sister Young and I just felt so much joy!! Their son also said he loved English and promised to be there every Thursday!! We can't wait to see where it all goes!! 

The next day I was reminded how Heavenly Father always answers our prayers! 

We were doing a finding activity with the elders and we weren't having much success! We decided to take a walk around the block and then meet back up! Right before we left, I said a prayer in my heart that we would be lead to someone! Afterwards I felt so reassured that we would be lead to someone! 

A minute later we met this amazing young woman and talked to her about the gospel! She wanted a Book of Mormon and she was just so open to learning more! 

Sister Young afterwards said how she had been praying for that and so had I! Heavenly Father truly listens and answers our prayers! (Nothing like being spiritually in sync with your comp!)  

That night we went to a members' home and they had made the most amazing cake ever! They are the cutest couple and they really love the gospel!!  I appreciate the members here in Poland so much.  They are warriors in what they believe and do!

We also completed all of our service goals this week! It felt so good to perform little acts of service all week and it was so fun to see it brighten people's day!! 

Mother's day was the best thing ever though! I was able to see and talk to my family! I am so grateful for my family! I am so grateful too that I am able to be with them forever! Ahhh...it was amazing, emotional and fun! It was soooooooo good to see and hear them!!  They immediately started off by singing Happy Birthday CHA! CHA! CHA!  I was crying and laughing at the same time!  I was able to talk to each of my siblings alone for five minutes!  My love for them is fierce!

I am sorry I don't have much time to write this week!! We are headed for a picnic on the beach with Siostra and Starszy Taggart!!  The weather has been beautiful!  This city is beautiful!  The people are beautiful!  

I love all of you so much!

I just want to say how much I know this Gospel is true!! 
No matter what it is true!!

 Kocham Was!!!!

Siostra DeMordaunt

No comments:

Post a Comment