Monday, April 11, 2016

Szczecin, Poland - Talkin' with the chalkin', Never complete darkness!


"Chalk Talk" about the different dispensations!
Polish ice cream is AMAZING!
Different than American - smoother and creamier!
Favorite flavor?  Salted Caramel!
Second?  Coconut with real flakes!
Best ice cream spot in Szczecin!
New flavors every week!
(Note from Madre D:  Notice those Dutch crocus flowers in the background! Yowza!)
Nick - a BYU fan in the making?!
He wears it well!
Go carting for Pday activity! I'm on the right!  So fun! 
Companions that ride together stay together!
Grateful Siostra Sloan and I are on this ride together!
Cześć Family and Friends!!!!

This week flew by way too quickly!! It is crazy to think I am already nearing the end of this transfer!! 

WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE?!!

We were able to listen to Conference this week in English!! I love, love, love Conference!! The talks are divinely inspired and so many of them were directed at me!! I love the advice always given at Conference!! 

Something that struck me this Conference was how much our Father in Heaven loves us and how we don't need to be perfect in order to receive this love!! I love the quote from Holland that says, "The great thing about the gospel is we get credit for trying, even if we don’t always succeed." We sometimes do fall short but we have the atonement and a loving Heavenly Father and Savior that want to help us get back on the path!! Just as Uchtdorf said" The sheep is worthy of divine rescue simply because it is loved by the Good Shepherd." I love, love, love conference and the guidance given was exactly what I needed to hear and it made me aware of some things I need to improve on!!

This week I was able to have a miracle!! I honestly can say miracles happen every week and even every day but this was huge for me!! 

We decided to do a chalk talk about the different dispensations!! We drew it all out and then as we started this lady came up and began to talk to Sister Sloan! We are friends with her and she began to talk and ask questions! I didn't feel that I was needed so I decided to go and contact... by myself!! I was a little scared at first just because I still don't understand everything people say but I was determined to do it! It seriously turned out to be one of the biggest blessings for me! 

I first talked to this young mom. We talked about how God has a plan for us and how she can learn more about this plan through the Book of Mormon! She said she was interested and took the book! She then gave me her number and said she wanted to meet!! I walked away and seriously almost burst into happy tears! I felt so good and it reminded me of my purpose as a missionary to bring joy to others!  I eat, drink and live missionary work, but moments like these make my heart beat a little stronger!

I then spoke with a  young guy about the restoration! He also was intersted!  While exchanging contact information he said he would like to come to church! I was so excited!! An he came on Sunday!! He sat in Sunday School and was reading the Book of Mormon the entire time and participating! We are hoping to meet with him again this week! 

After having a zillion rejections each week - these were exactly what I personally needed!! It was huge for me and reassured me that I am here for a reason and that people are out there searching for God and truth!

I just wanted to share a quick spiritual thought of something I found during my studies this week!!

I am reading in the book of Alma right now and I came across a scripture that has now become one of my favorite scriptures!!  In Alma 28:14 it states:  "And thus we see the great call of diligence of men to labor in the vineyards of the Lord; and thus we see the great reason of sorrow, and also of rejoicing - sorrow because of death and destruction among men, and joy because of the light of Christ unto life."

This scripture has never stuck out to me before but it did this time!  It gives me so much hope that even in a world full of darkness we always have a light we can turn to and this is Christ!!  I am sooooo grateful that we are never in complete darkness and that I am able to help others discover the Light of Christ within them! 

I love your light in my life too!

Kocham Was!!!!

Siostra DeMordaunt

No comments:

Post a Comment