Monday, April 4, 2016

Szczecin, Poland - Call me Maria! Ha!, Gen Conf in Polish, Look for the Miracles

Our new found friend!
Demonstration of attenative listening skills!
An incredible promise is within this book!


Cześć Family and Friends!!!!

This week was a good week!! I definitely learned a lot this week.  I know I say that every week but I am so grateful that I am continually learning while on my mission! I don't think I will ever stop learning here. I am grateful for times when I am able to see what I need to improve on!!

This week was my first time playing guitar on the streets while doing a finding activity!! I haven't had a strap for my guitar and I was finally able to get one! Sister Sloan has an incredible voice!  We were able to sing hymns in Polish together! It was amazing how people would want to stop and listen and then talk with us as missionaries! Music really can invite the spirit and I am so grateful for how many times I have felt the spirit in my life through music!! I kept feeling like I was in the Sound of Music as I carried my guitar on my back through out Szczecin!!  Call me Maria!!  Ha!  But then there is the song, How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria?  Ha! I definitely don't want to be anyone's problem!

This weekend was also General Conference!! For missionaries General Conference is like the Super Bowl! Everyone gears up for it waiting to hear the talks and figure out how to play this game of life better and become better players!!  This General Conference was different though than any other - it was all in Polish!! It was so crazy to be sitting in the chapel in Szczecin and listening to it in Polish! It felt super surreal! 

I wasn't able to understand all of it but I was able to understand the gist of it!! Oh the Polish language! - I am grateful for how much I was able to understand! I have come a long ways since the MTC. Sometimes I forget to see how much progress I have made! It was incredible to be able to sit and listen to all the General Authorities talks translated in Polish! I am excited to be able to read and listen to the talks in English throughout the week!  Double the fun!

I just want to say though that I know that the leaders of this Church are called by God! I kept thinking it over and over again as I listened to them! They are full of so much love and light and I am grateful for all their counsel!! They have provided me with comfort over and over again!! I know that Thomas S. Monson is a Prophet of God!!  He may be old but his service for the Lord is incredible and he is aging like the rest of us!  He has worked hand in hand with and for the Lord for the majority of his life.

I also experienced an incredible miracle this week! Sister Sloan and I were contacting before the first session of Conference and we were trying to invite people to it! We met this one guy and stopped and talked with him! He asked as he was talking to us "Do you believe in the Holy Ghost" and we answered "yes" and he said "I feel Him!" We continued to talk and invited him to Conference! And guess what?  He came!! He then stayed and talked and asked questions to the members! The members are incredible here!  They were able to answer any of his concerns!! He now wants to meet and learn more!! A huge miracle for us!!  The Lord is so aware and His hand is in our lives in all we do! I am so grateful for every day miracles that Heavenly Father places in our path!!

I am so grateful for this time of year and to be able to learn and grow from Conference!!  

I know my letter is short this week but my week has been solid and I can't ask for more than that!

Stay close to and practice what you know is good and from the Lord!  I will too!
Kocham Was!!

Siostra DeMordaunt

No comments:

Post a Comment