Monday, December 19, 2016

Warsaw, Poland - Wesołych Świat! Commandments make us free! Be a light forever!

Posers from Warsaw II: Siostra Dream Beem, Starszy Haskett, Starszy Barlow!! 
Goodbye lunch!  (A benefit of being in Warsaw - sometimes we get to see more missionaries!)
Front: myself, Sloan;   Second row:  Everett, Mulder, Quackenbush
Back row: Dekker, Anderson, White Sommerfeldt
I will forever be grateful for this Siostra Stephanie Sloan - she taught me so much!
Strange to see people leaving that I met when I first came here!
Sending Cowley up, up and away!
Siostra Beem, myself, Starszy Cowley, Siostra Anderson, Siostra Dekker
Good luck Starszy Cowley!
"Sloandaunt" united one last time!
My two trainers (Pierson & Sloan) are now home - I'm getting old!
Farewell to my brother Starszy Quackenbush!
Wesołych Świat!
Poland decorates for Christmas right!

Cześć Family and Friends!!!!

WESOŁYCH ŚWIĄT!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Can you believe that this week is Christmas?! I could not be more excited!!

This week was a good week! I just feel so happy and good right now!

This week we were able to meet with our investigator one more time before she goes to Germany for a month! She has been sick for a while now but she is better now and we met twice! We talked to her about keeping the Sabbath day holy and the word of wisdom! She is understanding everything more and more each time! She is still praying and reading! She was sad she couldn't be baptized but she told us she wanted to move the date and would get ready in Germany! She will be taught by the sisters there! She is such an amazing person and I will forever be grateful I was able to teach her! She was someone that I could see literally change!  A light would come to her and she seemed better every single time! She is ready for the gospel!  I hope our paths will be able to cross again! 

We also met with our other investigator! We talked a lot about commandments and the word of wisdom! She didn't understand why we have all these "rules!" We explained to her that sometimes it can seem like they are restrictive but they are really there to help us and they free us! She seemed more open to the idea of commandments! She loves coffee and we talked with her about why we don't drink it! We even said if the week after Christmas she gives up coffee, we will give up chocolate for a week!! Yes that is right we bargained big!! Ha!  She even thought that was crazy but she told us she would pray about it and we would talk next time! She is making incredible progress and I love her so much!!

Finally, we had a meeting with someone Sister Thornton and I met with last transfer! She is such an incredible lady but she has a hard time committing to baptism! We talked to her about following the example of Jesus Christ and how if we want to follow him we should enter the gate (baptism) in order to be on the path that leads to him! It was a good meeting! Usually she likes to speak in English but it was all Polish! I was trying to explain things in a bunch of different ways and the entire time I could feel the Spirit speaking through me! It was one of those moments where you are like how in the heck am I saying what I am saying right now... and in Polish!!! It was amazing and she agreed to pray to know if this church is true!!  The Spirit is real!

I also wanted to share an amazing contact I had yesterday! I stopped this older man and he told me he had met with missionaries ten years ago.  They had helped him stop drinking and he hadn't had a drink for over 10 years! He has fallen into some other bad habits and he felt so much guilt and shame because of it! He told me he didn't feel worthy enough to return to God! I talked to him all about Jesus Christ, the Atonement, and repentance! He asked me why I had stopped him and I told him I had seen him walking and thought I should! He told me that wasn't a coincidence! It was such an open and honest conversation. He seemed so much lighter when he left! I told him God wants us to be happy during this life and so no matter what He loves us and He is there for us! It was an amazing contact! I walked away feeling the love of God for that man!! 

We did plenty of caroling this week!  It was a fun, happy week!

I went back and read my email from last year during this time! I was getting ready to leave the MTC to come here! Oh, how time flies! I love this time of year and I have never felt so close to the Savior! How incredible is it that years ago Christ, himself was born! I have thought a lot about how much He means to me. I cannot begin to express my gratitude for everything He has done! I know He lives! I know his Atonement is real! I know He loves me!  He loves all of you!!

Although the holiday season is drawing to a close, lighting the way to Christ doesn't have to stop! Continue to be a light to all those you see! Your light has made a difference in my life and His light has made a difference in all of ours!

I ended my email last year this way but I want to say it again! To quote the Grinch, “What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more!” 

I am so grateful to be on a mission at this time and to share the true meaning of Christmas - Christ!!

Wesołych Świąt!

 Kocham Was!!!!


Siostra DeMordaunt

No comments:

Post a Comment