Monday, July 18, 2016

Gdańsk, Poland - the dream week...a week of teaching! When it rains it pours!


Siostra Groesbeck
- she's incredible not to mention patient with me!
Gdańsk Distrist in the Gdansk ferris wheel! 
Exchanges is Bydgoszcz!
Can you see the "Man Crossing the River"
- it was installed the day Poland joined the European Union in 2004
Siostra Craig and myself in Old Town Bydgoszcz!
Exchanges in Bydgoszcz!
Siostra Craig, Siostra Groesbeck, myself, Siostra Butler
Myself and Siostra Craig!
Myself and Siostra Butler!
Gdańsk Siostry hit Bydgoszcz!
The traditional Bydgoszcz bicycle picture!
Monsoon craziness!
The train station flooded and closed!
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!
Home sweet home!
Cześć Family and Friends!!!!

Another week gone and I really can't believe it is Monday already! Ahhh but what an incredible week!! 

We were able to TEACH so many people this week!  It was absolutely amazing! 

The week started off with us going on exchange to Bydgoszcz! I haven't ever been to Bydgoszcz and it was fun to be able to walk all around it!! I have to come realize that every city I see I would be completely ok with serving there! Seriously all the cities her are amazing, it is hard to just fall in love with one!! 

It was really good to spend some time with Siostra Craig and get to know Siostra Butler! They are both incredible sister missionaries and as always I learn from exchanges! What I really learned from these siostry was to constantly look for people to serve! Siostra Craig and Siostra Butler both have such big hearts!  They have so many friends a long the way that they have served at one point or another!! They are known for their service! I want to constantly be looking for opportunities that I can serve people in any way I can!! Another incredible exchange!!

The day after we returned to Gdansk was literally the craziest weather ever! I have already survived a blizzard in Poland and now I just survived a monsoon! It was the most insane rainstorm I have ever been in! We came out of singing at the old folks home and it was pouring hard.  Of course I forgot to bring an umbrella so we just booked it to the tram stop! Luckily I had remembered to bring my rain jacket so I was semi-dry! 

We thought it would pass so we went to our lesson!! We were able to meet with the Dad that came to Sacrament Meeting! He brought his daughter along as well! We had a really incredible lesson with him! There was such an incredible spirit there! I usually don't bare my testimony a lot about the first vision but I felt prompted to do so and it just felt like I had this instant connection with him! He agreed to read and pray and so did his daughter! We are so excited to meet with him again this week! 

Afterwards we had English Club/Class and then came outside - of course it was still raining! We ran to catch a tram only to find out that the lines were all flooded! We decided to take a train and the train station was flooded! We ended up having to walk home, bare foot through the streets of Gdansk!! We sang hymns and laughed along the way!  Thank goodness everyone was safe!  This will definitely go down in my book of mission stories!!

Saturday was a fantastic day!  We were able to meet with so many people that we had met the week before!! Our first appointment was with a lady that had previously been an investigator! She is so sweet! We talked to her about why the Book of Mormon is needed for us which then lead to her asking us back to learn about the Plan of Salvation!! 

Our next meeting was with the man that came up to us and asked for a Book of Mormon! He told us he is searching for religion right now! We talked to him all about the Restoration and how the Book of Mormon  (he had read some of it before our lesson) will bless his life!! Again the spirit was so strong!! He agreed to meet with us again!!  

We also were given another referral and she is also willing to speak with us! I continue to be amazed at how blessed I feel right now!! I just feel like this is Gdańsk's time and the church is going to grow! 

This was also an incredible miracle for me! I am planning on minoring in Spanish when I return home! I only have a few classes left.  I haven't had any opportunities to speak it here but this week we have met so many people from Spain! My Spanish wasn't perfect but it was incredible to be able to talk about why I am here in Spanish as well as in Polish! It made me realize how much I don't want to loose my Polish or Spanish!! I love this crazy Polish language and even in the times where I am so frustrated with it I just feel incredibly blessed to be speaking it!  It is a language worth fighting for!

I don't have a lot of time to write but I am so grateful once again to be apart of this work and to share what I know is Christ's gospel with everyone I meet! 

Kocham Was!!!!
Siostra DeMordaunt

No comments:

Post a Comment